Thursday, October 26, 2006

Interesting Day at Work - 2006 AARP Member Event






Work gave the employees the opportunities to go to the 2006 AARP National Event in Anaheim and enjoy what had to be offered and learn what the members’ experience.

First there was the open ceremony and we listened. Dan Rather was humorous and enjoyable. That lasted until it was lunchtime.

I went out in front of the convention center to enjoy the warmth of the sun.

Now it was time to explore the exhibition hall.

There was a NASCAR simulator and I enjoyed going around the track (watching the screen.)

The exhibits were from a wide range of items like health, travel, products, and information. Some of the exhibits had live animals, which shock me; I would not have expected that. I did get more information for the Alaska trip that I am planning in 2007.

It was getting close to the end of our time at the convention so I went back to the NASA exhibit and enjoyed the conversation I had with a JPL guy and also have the rover type device run over my foot.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs